Thanks to new communication platforms, any company has the ability to access a wide range of products and services. However, this also entails a great danger: the copies.
TEC Container has been growing in a sustainable way for the last 40 years, which has led to our worldwide expansion: We have recently manufactured the Spreader number 3000 thanks to continuous innovation and the development of new technologies, materials and improvements in processes and services.
The customer is the one who has the final decision when making the purchase and choosing a trust-worthy product, but we believe that this decision will be much more accurate if he has information about the differences between the original TEC Container product and the copy. Here we have summarized the 20 most important differences that we have found.
LACKS AND OPERATING DIFFERENCES
- Referring to the operating principle, the main lacks of equipment we have observed in the copies are as follows.
- Plates for deformed containers missing so that it cannot be used with chains when, during operation, a deformed container arrives.
- The transmission rod does not have protection
- Signaling plate not available, therefore the crane-driver does not know if the twistlocks are open or closed
- No security pins available, which is an extremely serious default nowadays. The use of machinery of this type is not conceivable without this basic safety system.
- The bolts of the cables are machined and their retaining rings are insufficient to fulfill their function.
- It does not have grease nippers, so maintenance is complicated and cumbersome.
- The CHEAP spreader does not have bearings for the transmission, so the opening / closing movement is not smooth.
- The CHEAP spreader does not have a bronze washer, thus the twistlocks turn «iron against iron», which guarantees problems after a few months of use.
- We do not know what material is the copy made of, and the welds appear to be of poor quality, with lack of fusion and even very scarce levels at some places.
- We do not know if the design is backed with calculations; some design errors and even inconsistencies can be observed
- The CHEAP spreader has fixed rods that are not removable or replaceable.
- The twistlocks look poor quality and do not seem to have heat treatment. They are not marked, hence are untraceable.
- This COPY spreader is a model that does not adapt to the changing needs of customers with options such as guides, tunnels for trolley, other extra options…. Etc.
FINISH AND APPEARANCE
- The finish of the COPY spreader is extremely poor (between 60 and 100mu when a minimum thickness is 150mu), the paint is literally falling apart and the thickness is insufficient.
- Many parts have not been sand-blasted prior to welding; hence many surface imperfections are observed.
- The spreader in question has been painted with the transmission and even with the twistlocks mounted. This causes the twistlocks to be partially painted and some parts of the spreader are stained with the transmission paint.
- Instead of vinyl plates for the marking of the SWL, they use a spray. This way of marking the spreaders does not comply with the regulations and has a very short useful life.
- Neither CE plate nor serial number available, so that the copy spreader has no traceability.
- The slings do not comply with the SWL indicated on the spreader (35t) and have a textile core.
- The protection of the slings does not fulfill its function since the slings present obvious signs of oxidation even without being used.
- The master link has been painted after the mounting of the slings; all the areas adjoining the slings are stained with red paint.
- The slings have no plate with serial number, no traceability.
- In the COPY spreader the rope that activates the turn of the driving triangle is not nylon but steel cable. This is dangerous and can easily damage the entire transmission if it is poorly regulated or used not correctly.
I can assume that sometimes the price is the most important factor in the equation when you are buying a new tool or machine for your business operations but in this case all the above observed characteristics must be had in mind as well.
A Spreader is relatively low priced but has a huge capacity to create damage in case of an accident. It must be inspected and maintained in an intense way and this is not possible if from the factory presents these enormous defects.
For more information please contact email@example.com